Website E.W. Scripps Company
KMTV, the CBS affiliate in Omaha, NE, is looking for a top-notch experienced producer. If you are a newsroom leader looking for a challenging opportunity, then this is the place for you to create, lead and organize content for multiple platforms utilizing strong editorial, journalistic, organizational and communication skills. We are looking for the best of the best!
We have hikers, rock climbers, mountain bikers, kayakers, runners, skiers, surfers, gamers, musicians, actors, swimmers and every other mixture of diversity you can think of – we are a community of welcoming, mission-focused and lively people that continue to grow as we grow our company and rise to our full potential in every aspect of our business.
Responsibilities:A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Arrive at the station.
- Begin preparing for airtime – lead story, showcasing, multiplatform coverage, all the entertaining pieces.
- Collaborate with reporters, anchors, news managers, assignment editors and the digital team to determine content and multiplatform needs.
- Make the broadcast shine with graphics, video, research and station branding. Work alongside your amazing team to prep for a flawless show.
- Throw all the above out the window because breaking news just happened.
- Respond to and cover above-mentioned breaking news.
- Go home, get some rest and get ready to come back and have a totally different day tomorrow.
- Work hours as assigned weekday and weekend.
- Work with franchise reporters to develop story ideas for their franchises.
- Be prepared to have a special report/ show project thrown into your lap from time to time.
- Passion for the job.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or related experience.
- 2 years of experience as a television writer or producer.
- A local news junkie mentality: knowing news of the day; having vision and ability to advance the big story.
- Above all, you love to write … a word smith, grammar guru, courageous and creative storyteller.
You must sign in to apply for this position.