Website E.W. Scripps Company
The E.W. Scripps news station KMTV 3, in Omaha, Nebraska is searching for a media account executive. They want a team member who is eager to develop connections and help power our local Omaha economy through creative and effective advertising. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment where every day is different keep reading!
As an account executive, you’ll help local businesses realize growth opportunities by exposing them to compelling messaging through customized screen-based advertising solutions. This full array of marketing solutions may include digital platforms like over-the-top (OTT) video, search solutions (SEO/SEM), social media strategies, digital display and e-mail targeting, as well as broadcast television.
We’ll give you the tools you need not only to compete, but to excel, through professional development opportunities like our coveted sales training program. You’ll enjoy the advantage of Scripps’ high- quality news product and the support of an expert team of leaders to help you reach your goals and enjoy uncapped earning potential through our competitive sales compensation plan.
Responsibilities:A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- You will be selling broadcast television and digital advertising solutions. Digital solutions include over-the-top (OTT) video, search strategies (SEO/SEM), social media marketing and more. You will sell to local and regional businesses and advertising agencies.
- Independently prospect, develop and maintain new business in the market using the Scripps Sales Process and developing customized solutions.
- Travel to the office or hop on Zoom to host a brainstorm session with your team for an upcoming advertising campaign.
- Attend a regular call with an existing client to talk about campaign performance and ideas for upcoming promotions.
- Use ratings, qualitative and market trend data to negotiate program ratings and advertising rates with advertising agencies to maximize revenue.
- Cultivate new relationships with businesses in the local community by networking, cold calling, and referrals.
- Develop and deliver advertising and marketing campaigns, and media plans.
- Effectively manage a sales funnel within the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software and achieve key performance indicators and activity levels.
- Contribute to the creative development of campaigns though client communication and needs analysis, storyboard and concept creation, and assistance in production aspects.
Requirements:WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years proven sales success.
- Track record of success in exceeding new business goals
- Experience in strategic account management, broadcast ratings and digital execution is a plus.
- Knack for relationship building.
- Results-driven attitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Confidence to speak with decision makers.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required (proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required).
- And, if you have broadcast TV experience, that’s a plus!
You must sign in to apply for this position.