CUMULUS MEDIA | Albuquerque is looking for a dynamic on-air anchor / reporter. Our people work in a state-of-the-art facility, take pride in our community and value teamwork. If you can deliver lifestyle headlines, be focused, creative and multi-task and most of all…love radio, we should talk. Board work, remotes and production are all a part of what we do, so show us what you’ve got.
Who We Are: CUMULUS | Albuquerque currently features 7 stations in the Albuquerque area and surrounding counties. Our stations include: 96.3-FM & 770-AM News Radio KKOB, 92.3-FM KRST our Country Music station, 99.5-FM Magic our Adult Contemporary Station, 93.3-FM The Q plays Current Hits, 103.3 eD-FM is a Variety radio format, 95.9-FM and AM 610 The Sports Animal is Sports Talk, and 94.5-FM The Pit is an Active Rock Format. The cluster of 7 stations reaches thousands of listeners on a daily basis.
Positions are responsible for news gathering, writing, and on-air reporting. Occasionally attending pressers and events, recording and editing audio for newscasts and digital postings. The candidate will also be conducting interviews and presenting recorded and real time newscasts, as well as posting stories and related news content online. The proper candidate will monitor police, fire and other emergency agencies, as well as posting pertinent information to social media platforms when needed. Other duties involve enterprising stories and promoting listener/newsmaker interaction. All news employees required to attend promotional events as needed, as called by the Program Director, News Director or General Manager.
Work schedules could vary. The News Anchor/Reporter position supports the news department at 96.3 News Radio KKOB and sister stations for the Albuquerque-Cumulus Media Group.
A minimum associates degree in Media, Communications, or Journalism is suggested, and at least 2-years newsroom experience on-air or behind the scenes is required. We need skilled writers who get to the point across with fewer words.
Seeking excellent communications skills, proficiency in digital editing and social media, understanding of journalistic ethics and standards, plus, a positive, team-player attitude.
• Anchoring or co-anchoring newscasts, live and recorded, for News Radio KKOB and all six other stations in the Cumulus Albuquerque cluster.
• Provide breaking news coverage whenever applicable.
• Enterprise, write, record and post relevant news stories for KKOB and NewsRadioKKOB.com
• Work with the News Director on story selection and improvements to delivery and relevancy.
• Work closely with the talk radio programming department on content creation, content sharing, and listener engagement.
• Participates in station Programming, News Department, and all-staff meetings and events
• 2 + years of Full-Time news broadcast experience with successful news understanding
• Strong editing skills and knowledge of newsroom broadcast software interfaces
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking
• Strong knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations
• Socially informed and perceptive; up-to-date and in tune daily with the local and national trends and/or specialized knowledge of topics/events related to on-air discussions
• Demonstrated upbeat personality, informative, entertaining and engaging on the air; able to relate to station audience
• Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation
• Excellent verbal and written communication and editing skills; proficient in grammar; ability to make others feel comfortable and open up on air
• Demonstrated creativity and imagination
• Can work well in a team environment; collaborative
• Audio demo of on-air interviews, newscasts, etc. must be added to online profile/application
What we offer:
• Competitive pay
• Professional growth and career path
• Focused, responsible and collaborative work environment with the ability, to ask “what if” and try innovative solutions
For immediate consideration, please visit https://www.cumulusmedia.com/careers/
For more information about CUMULUS MEDIA, visit our website at: https://www.cumulusmedia.com/
CUMULUS MEDIA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).