As a Meteorologist with Central Oregon Daily News (KOHD-TV ABC and KBNZ-TV CBS), you’ll love working with a dynamic team who is dedicated to providing the most current, by-the-minute forecast updates to the community. You will tell our viewers the story of the local weather in a fun and conversational manner. You will use your scientific background and tools to deliver daily weather forecasts, both from our studio and in the field! You will be responsible for making sure Central Oregon has current and accessible information that will keep them safe by using graphics, maps, and your engaging personality—this includes forecasts, warnings, and severe weather alerts. Do you have what it takes to join our team?
TDS Broadcasting LLC, a TDS company, operates KOHD-TV the ABC affiliate, KBNZ-LP the CBS affiliate, COTV11 and CO4 Visitors Network as Zolo Media, offering a wide range of viewing options for Central Oregonians.
Zolo Media provides targeted advertising solutions through a combination of local originated content, local broadcast television stations, and on BendBroadband and Crestview cable television networks. Zolo Creative Services offers award-winning video production for television spot production. Visit zolomedia.com or centraloregondaily.com.
TDS Broadcasting LLC and Zolo Media are part of TDS Telecommunications LLC (TDS Telecom), which is based in Madison, Wis. Combined, the companies employ more than 2,800 people and are subsidiaries of Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. [NYSE: TDS], a Fortune 1000® company. Founded in 1969, TDS Inc. employs 9,400 people and has approximately six million connections nationwide through its businesses U.S. Cellular, TDS Telecom, OneNeck IT Solutions LLC, TDS Broadband Service, and TDS Broadcasting LLC. TDS Inc. has been named to several Forbes lists, including America’s Best Employers for Diversity, Best Large Employers, and Best Employers for Women. Visit tdsinc.com.
- Utilizes scientific background and tools to deliver weather forecasts from the studio, in the field, or at community events.
- Maintains website to keep weather information relevant and current. Publish forecasts, warnings, weather alters, and generate graphics and maps using weather system tools.
- Work with producers, assignment desk and managers to track current weather and ensure newsroom staff is aware of major weather events.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) -OR- 4+ years professional work experience.
- 1+ years professional meteorology experience.
- On-air experience preferred.
- Certified Broadcast Meteorologist from the American Meteorology Society preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to cover severe weather events.
You must sign in to apply for this position.