The Digital Reporter should be a skilled writer who can craft headlines and content that provide value to the audience and driver user engagement. The reporter will use data to make decisions about audience interest trends. The reporter will be able to reach out to contacts, source the web and find information on social media to build stories that will be high performing across multiple websites. While the reporter will largely work from a single space, the ability to take photos and create video is a plus. A strong knowledge of social media platforms is expected.
- Report news quickly and accurately
- Be able to craft original content that stands out from competition
- Collaborate with local and regional staff to find angles that resonate in the community
- Find ways to share reporting responsibilities across markets and topics as needed
- Understand types of stories that drive traffic on the web
- Work with management to deliver a content mix that reflects the needs of our audience
- Develop expertise and sources in key audience interest areas
- Shoot photos and video as needed to tell stories in multiple ways
- Utilize social media for reporting and story promotion
- Degree in journalism; daily newspaper or news site experience required; live, working web samples and/or print pages preferred
- Proficiency in Associated Press style, Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and Basic HTML preferred
- CSS, Flash and other relevant technology skills is a plus
- Maintain positive work environment through active team participation and cooperation with co-workers in all departments
- Responds positively to feedback
- Enjoys working in teams and is a strong communicator
- Self-motivated and competitive
- Comfortable setting up and executing interviews with local sources
- Able to deliver multiple stories for the web each day on a wide range of topics
- Familiar with contact information for various agencies to obtain information as quickly as possible.
- Some schedule flexibility (nights, weekends)
- Regularly meets measurements of success
Go to https://www.cbs42.com/work-with-cbs-42/
Click the link to search for jobs in Birmingham, AL
Locate the titled job posting
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, youll enjoy your career with us!
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer
You must sign in to apply for this position.