Website American General Media
American General Media – Albuquerque, NM Location – is a family owned and operated company seeking an outgoing, self-driven On-Air Program Director for two very active FM formats. Our last two PD’s have moved on and advanced their careers in Houston and Phoenix!! Candidate must have five (5) or more years’ experience and proven track record in Contemporary formats: Rhythmic KKSS-FM & Hot A/C KKRG-FM. Social Media, Website CMS and Streaming expertise a must. Candidate will also perform a Weekly On-Air shift on HOT A/C KKRG-FM.
Responsibilities:Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to: PROGRAMMING
- Determine type, length, and time of programs, and/or features and does so in keeping with station format.
- Ensure programming is within suitable day parts, in accordance with FCC regulations.
- Fulfill responsibilities of weekly air shifts.
- Complete production as needed.
- Evaluate programming available from distributors, syndicators, and independent producers to recommend acquisitions for broadcast.
- Develops and maintains relationships with recording companies and distributors.
- Coordinate programming clocks with Traffic Department.
- Fills out broadcast affidavits for syndicated programming and commercials.
- Fill out regular (monthly, quarterly etc.) BMI, ASCAP, SESAC etc. reports.
- Meet regularly with Regional Programmer and/or consultant (if applicable) on a regular basis to review programming and strategic vision for brand(s).
- Establish image, goals and objectives for station and coordinates with other departments to ensure criteria are met.
- Ensure station is in compliance with FCC on-air regulations.
- Update the Public File each quarter no later than January 10, April 10, July 10 and October 10 with the letters and e-mails from the Public and the Issues/Programs List for the prior quarter. This information must be in compliance with the FCC rules regarding the information to be kept in the Public File.
- Coordinate with Engineering Department on tower light readings, equipment and/or signal issues.
- Select, hire, and train the radio station’s staff through thorough screening and interviewing procedures as outlined by the company’s EEO policies and procedures.
- Manage the radio station’s staff to achieve station performance and ratings goals.
- Establishes work schedules for station staff and schedules remote broadcasts in conjunction with client requests and staff availability.
- Air checks on-air staff on a regular basis and meets with staff to review.
- Conducts weekly staff meetings to direct scheduling and promotional issues.
- Appraise staff performance; reward and discipline employees; address complaints and resolve problems in conjunction with HR Department.
- Provide subordinates with adequate supervision and motivation.
- Maintain a professional and businesslike atmosphere with emphasis on good work habits and good physical organization.
- Work towards efficiency, neatness and accuracy in all areas of performance.
- Five years or more of successful experience and proven track record in Contemporary formats.
- Expertise in Social Media, Website CMS and Streaming.
- Ability to interact positively with the public, co-workers, supervisors and managers.
- Outstanding communication and follow-through skills.
- Outgoing and motivated personality.
- Strong organizational skills and acute attention to detail.
- Must maintain a professional demeanor and appearance.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance with company contribution
- Ancillary products available
- Employer paid life insurance
- 401K Plan + Company match
- Sick and vacation
- 9 paid holidays per year
- Must provide reliable transportation.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid Driver’s License and proof of insurance.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule to include evenings and weekends.
You must sign in to apply for this position.