Salt Lake City, UT
The Master Control Operator is a full-time position which requires early morning, evening, overnight, and weekend hours as well as holidays. The ideal candidate will have at least one-year experience in a broadcast master control hub. Training maybe considered for a candidate with less experience who possesses strong computer and technology skills.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Monitors strength, clarity and reliability of incoming and outgoing signals.
2. Records/downloads video content to the servers, quality checks, and segments it prior to air.
3. Sets up, controls and monitors television broadcast equipment to transmit television programs and commercials to the viewing audience
4. Completes paperwork and reporting as required by department management.
5. Reports technical issues and equipment failure to Engineering promptly and troubleshoots issues where possible.
6. Ensures the station’s compliance with Emergency Alert System and other FCC requirements.
Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
1. High School diploma or equivalent, technical degree in Digital Electronics, Broadcasting, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
2. Proficiency with computers, servers, electronic content delivery, transmitters and other-broadcast-related equipment.
3. Provable history of strong crisis management skills and of success working in a high-pressure environment.
4. Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously, as well as working independently both alone and in a team setting.
5. Fluency in English.
6. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Master Control Operator must be able to stand, sit, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Master Control Operator must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Apply for job at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer