Applications must include: (1) a detailed cover letter describing how the candidate's education, training, and experience meet or exceed the listed job responsibilities, (2) a detailed professional resume, and (3) a list of five professional references who have worked directly with or for the applicant or for whom the applicant has worked. The position is open until filled.
Please send cover letter, resume, references and salary requirements to:
SEARCH COMMITTEE/WYES PRESIDENT
c/o Human Resources
111 Veterans Blvd. Suite 250
Metairie, LA 70005
Or email to: email@example.com
Human Resources by 2012-09-13
New Orleans, LA 70124
Description: WYES , NEW ORLEANS, seeks a dynamic and experienced leader with outstanding credentials in the public television or related field who can build on the growth and success of New Orleans` premiere public television station`s 55 year legacy and meet new challenges and opportunities ahead
Responsibilities: Primary duties include:
- Provide leadership to achieve WYES’ mission and strategic goals, plans and policies to assure the highest quality service to our unique, vibrant and resilient community.
- Lead the station`s relationship with the Board of Trustees, Board Committees, Building Committee, Capital Campaign Committee, Community Advisory Board and volunteers.
- Provide essential fundraising skills with the ability to build relations with, and successfully solicit, major donors, local and national foundations, grants and national underwriters.
- Ability to cultivate city, state and national governmental funding and support and represent WYES' interests with key national organizations such as Corporation for Public Broadcasting, Association of Public Television Stations, Public Broadcasting Service & the FCC.
- Oversight and direction of station services and operations ensuring sound fiscal planning, financial management, long-range planning and development.
- Create an atmosphere that encourages creativity and pride in professional achievement while managing, directly or through Senior Staff department managers, the personnel, and departments including Administration, Finance, Broadcasting, Individual Giving, Institutional Development, Engineering, Local Initiatives and YES PRODUCTIONS, WYES' for-profit division which includes 2 high definition mobile television trucks.
- Ensure efficient use of existing and future resources with regular monitoring of industry trends, technologies, digital distribution platforms and oversee acquisition, implementation, maintenance and replacement of the station's technologies.
- Possess entrepreneurial skills to conceive, develop and grow new services or products which will support WYES and its future needs.
- Ensure compliance with all FCC rules and all regulations pertaining to WYES' non-profit 501c3 status.
Requirements: Successful candidate must have Bachelor's Degree in a relevant academic discipline, with an advanced degree desirable; a minimum of 10 years senior management experience in one or more aspects of public media or related field; successful strategic and financial planning, fundraising, governmental relations experience; exceptional interpersonal and entrepreneurial skills; the ability to inspire a talented staff and dedicated volunteers; outstanding written and oral communication skills; personal and professional integrity; understanding and appreciation of WYES and the unique Greater New Orleans and Mississippi Gulf Coast area, and enthusiasm for representing WYES as a principal "public persona".