|To apply: Pete Hanson, VP/Market Manager (email@example.com)
Pete Hanson by 2012-12-31
Windsor, CO 80550
Director of Sales
Description: JOB SUMMARY: To manage and oversee the daily operations of the market radio and digital sales department. The successful Director of Sales will use independent judgment and discretion to develop strategies to attain sales revenue and market share goals within the radio market cluster. The DOS sets performance goals and regularly directs the Account Executive sales team in achieving these goals through inventory management, proper pricing strategies and serving customer needs. Previous broadcast sales management experience required.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and implements strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate, market and product goals.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance budgets and goals accordingly.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of department to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Recommends or approves budget, expenditures, and appropriations for the Sales Department.
- Prepare and monitor sales reports showing booked and projected revenues across all product lines.
- Direct market research and development.
- Continuously monitors inventory on all products and sets price schedules accordingly.
- Follow through with established accountability standards developed by corporate, the DOS and Market Manager
- Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations
- Responsible for maximizing client revenue opportunities with on-going account list management.
- Weekly on-street presence meeting with key clients, assisting AE’s with presentations and in-field coaching
- Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition.
- Participating and being a key member of the leadership team
Requirements: EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY: Townsquare Media provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related) or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. In addition, Townsquare Media complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which Townsquare Media has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.